NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English Main Course Book Unit 4 Environment Chapter 5 Geological Heritage
CBSE Class 10 English Main Course Book Unit 4 Environment Chapter 5 Geological Heritage
Working to save a Geological Heritage
Look at the photograph given below. This is The Three Stooges, a bizarre rock formation that can be found in Goblin Valley. There are some exceptionally unique rock formations all over the world.
A. Why do you feel such geological structures should be preserved?
The box below contains ten words from the passage. Use them appropriately to fill the blanks in the sentences that follow :
1. While food production has shown only marginal improvement, the demand for food grains, vegetables and fruits has registered an ______ growth the world over, forcing governments to initiate urgent measures to establish a balance between supply and demand.
2. To construct the ______ structure, the builder had to use enormous quantities of concrete.
3. When he returned from the office, he ______ himself in an armchair and asked for a cup of tea.
4. When the teacher saw a student perched ______ on the branch of a tree, she asked him to climb down immediately.
5. The newly appointed office assistant earned the praise of her colleagues for the ______ with which she completed the tasks assigned to her.
6. The new office building was ______ with its bright and fashionable exterior.
7. The pensioner did not get his dues in time on account of the ______ of the officials.
8. The land ______ the post office was procured by the authorities for expanding the building that housed it.
9. Merchants stock up on goods during festival seasons to meet the ______ demand and declare discounts when the sales slacken.
10. During wars armies dig up ______ passages for the movement of troops and supplies unseen by the enemy.
On the basis of your comprehension of the text fill in the following table.
Select a historical site in need of conservation, research about its historical significance, identify the threatening factors and suggest ways of preserving the geological heritage. Prepare a power point presentation and make a presentation to the class. (This can be done in groups)
Prepare a poster on ‘Let’s Preserve Our Heritage’
- to include both textual and graphic elements
- to make it easy to read
- to make it easy to understand
- to try for :
40% empty space